DragonFly Security System™ Privacy Statement
Effective June 1, 2016
Below you will find RSI Video Technologies Incorporated’s (“RSI”) Privacy Statement for DragonFly Security System™ (“DragonFly”); this is a legal agreement between you and RSI for the use of certain RSI services, systems, and software.
The Privacy Statement describes, among other things:
- Information we collect:
- Information you provide by completing your account registration; e.g., name, email, address, and zip code
- Information about how you use the system and/or services; e.g., how and when you use the systems or services, frequency of use, etc.
- Data that relates to the Systems and/or Services; e.g., schedules, timing of events and alerts, audio or video clips, settings, etc.
- Other types of information, as set forth below in the Statement
- How we use the information:
- To provide the service and operate the system
- To improve our products and services
- To offer you products and services we think you’ll be interested in
- In other ways as further described below in the Statement
- What information we may share and with whom
- How you can opt-out if you do not wish your personally identifiable information to be collected.
This Privacy Statement covers the use of certain DragonFly Security System products and services delivered to you via our app or web page, including DragonFly software for use on DragonFly Security products and communications networks, software allowing web-based interface and underlying functionality and access to DragonFly Security System services, DragonFly web and mobile device applications software, and any DragonFly Security networks related to any of the foregoing (collectively, the “DragonFly Services” or “Services”) and the licensure of software products identified above, which includes computer and application software and may include associated media, printed materials, and "online" or electronic documentation, and any future versions, releases, updates, patches, error fixes and bug fixes of the above software ("DragonFly Software"). For convenience, we refer to the combination of products, software, and services we provide to you as the “System.” This Privacy Statement applies to the website.www.DragonFlySecurity.com and such other mobile applications, websites, domains, sub-domains and services, however accessed and/or used, whether via personal computers, mobile devices or otherwise, as well as mobile applications, interactive features and downloads that RSI own, operates and makes available to through its websites and mobile apps (collectively, the “Sites”). This Privacy Statement does not apply to information that you share in the public domain, with third parties or that you post through the Sites and apps as we do not control who will have access to your information and cannot control how it is used. If you submit information to the public domain relative to the System or Services, we may use that for marketing, promotional, publicity and advertising purposes.
You understand that through your use of the System you consent to the collection and use of certain information as described in this Privacy Statement, including the transfer of this information to the United States and/or other countries for storage, processing and use by RSI and its corporate affiliates. Although the laws that protect personal information in those countries may differ from the laws where you live, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that your privacy is protected. By using our websites and giving your information to us, you consent to the transfer of the data outside of your country of residence. This Privacy Statement is subject to change and we will notify you in the event of a material change by posting such change prominently on the System; your continued use of the System after such changes will indicate your consent to the revised Statement.
RSI collects information relating to you and your use of the System in order to provide services and features that are easy to use and responsive to your needs. We use the term “Consumer Information” to refer to any personally identifiable or anonymous information relating to you or your use of the System including, without limitation, “Contact Information” (defined below), gender, geographic location, shipping and billing address, and “passwords” chosen by you. You may also choose to share additional personal information in public forums or on sign-up forms or certain pages within the Sites. We reserve the right to collect information through, without limitation, account registration forms, e-mail newsletter sign-ups, and information that you provide to us directly via the Sites and mobile applications. We do not collect your credit card information or other financial information, and all credit card transactions are handled by a third party payment processor.
We use Consumer Information for a wide variety of purposes, as described below:
- Unless otherwise stated in this Privacy Statement, we do not share your Contact Information with anyone without your express consent. “Contact Information” means information that allows someone to identify or contact you or any user authorized by you to contact or interface with the System (e.g., your name, address, telephone number and email address). We may use your Contact Information to market DragonFly Security and third-party products and services to you via mail, email, text, and telephone or social media. We may also use such information to process transactions you have requested or agreed to receive; or to enable you to participate in the sites features and mobile applications; to contact you regarding your use of the Sites and apps and to advise you of changes to those Sites and apps; or to comply with court orders, valid subpoenas and/or other applicable laws and regulations. If you provide comments or commentary or other materials to the Sites or mobile applications, we may use these comments and materials as provided (or in a reasonably similar manner), which may include your full name and other information as further set forth in the Website User Terms at dragonflysecurity.com/terms_of_use.
- You can stop the delivery of future promotional emails from us by following the specific instructions in advertising emails you may receive. These choices do not apply to the receipt of mandatory service communications that are considered part of the Services.
- “Service Information” means information necessary or useful to us in providing the System to you. Examples of Service Information includes, but is not limited to, your home profile (e.g., zip or postal code and home size), home system configuration (e.g., appliances monitored by the System, schedule, mode, automation and thermostat and/or security or lifestyle system settings), devices you use and how/when you use them (e.g., types, model numbers, software version numbers, OS types) which will enable us to provide you with information regarding upgrades, error fixes, and software updates, and the level of Service. This information is used by us for the operation of the System, to provide the Services, to maintain quality of the System and Services, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the System. We may also use Service Information for customer support, System restoration, and research and development activities for new products and services, and other similar purposes. Finally, we may provide certain Service Information to selected third parties, such as our business partners, for marketing purposes, where we have obtained your specific consent.
- “Usage Information” related to security or fire or lifestyle systems is information including, but not limited to, the date and time of events in the home, scheduling, arm/disarm or other usage schedules, usage and alert logs, including your use of the functions and features available in the System, video or audio clips of activities in or around/outside the home or business, GPS/geolocation information, and photos stored in the System. We receive this type of information from your System and we may collect this information and other similar Usage Information for other products we may offer now or in the future. Usage Information may also include your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses and Wi-Fi service set identifier. This information is used by us for the operation of the System, to provide the Services, to maintain quality of the System and Services, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the System. We may use personally identifiable Usage Information to provide you with feedback about your security and home automation system and controls, to provide you customized content (such as home security tips, home automation advice, trend monitoring, etc.) and other purposes similar to the foregoing. We may also use Usage Information for customer support, System restoration, and research and development activities for new products and services, and other purposes similar to the foregoing. Finally, we may provide certain Usage Information to selected third parties, such as our business partners, for marketing purposes, where we have obtained your specific consent.
- Sometimes we may “anonymize” Consumer Information by removing any identifier that can be associated with your personal Contact Information. Anonymous Consumer Information helps us develop reports and analyses about how our customers use our System and for other research such as behavioral inferences. We may publically share or sell anonymous Consumer Information and reports and analyses based on anonymous Consumer Information. We may disclose aggregated, anonymous Consumer Information, and analyses and reports derived from such information to third parties including utilities, our service providers, suppliers, advertisers, merchants, consumer and market research companies and other organizations.
- We use tools to collect information from users of the System, including cookies and web beacons; we may use these tools to remember personal information when you use the Services in order to understand and analyze trends, to administer the System, to learn about user behavior on the System, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may use this information in our marketing and advertising both on and off the System. You can change the settings to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting cookies from a website you visit. If you decline cookies your service with the System may be slower and not optimal. We use 4 types of cookies at RSI: (1) Strictly Necessary, (2) Performance, (3) Functionality & Profile and (4) Advertising.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies are essential, as they enable you to move around our websites and use their features, particularly in connection with information searches and order placement. Without these cookies, services you have asked for cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you have been on the internet. An example of a strictly necessary cookie that some of our websites use includes so-called a “shopping basket cookie”, which is used to remember the products that you wish to purchase when you add products to your shopping basket or proceed to checkout.
- Performance Cookies: These cookies collect information about how you use our websites, for example which pages you go to most often and if you get any error messages from certain pages. These cookies do not gather information that identifies you. These cookies collect only anonymous information and such information is only used to improve how our websites work. These cookies are not used to target you with online advertising. Without these cookies we cannot learn how our websites are performing and make relevant improvements that could better your browsing experience. Examples of performance cookies that our website uses include Google and Adobe Analytics (see further below).
- Functionality & Profile Cookies: These cookies allow our websites to store information that you provide such as your site language preferences, and to store technical information useful for your interactions with our websites. For instance, they remember your user ID and elements of your user profile. They also ensure that the onsite marketing and experience is relevant to you. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymous and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites. Without these cookies, a website cannot remember choices you have previously made or personalise your browsing experience.
- We may use third party vendors to perform certain services on behalf of the Company, such as hosting the Sites and mobile applications, designing and/or operating website features, tracking website analytics, enabling you to purchase any goods and/or services, and allowing us to send you e-mail newsletters or perform other administrative services as well as performing other services at your request or with your consent that relate to the Company's products or services, such as, but not limited to, alarm monitoring. We may provide third parties with access to your information, including your personal information, to carry out the services that these parties are performing for you or for us.
- Legal or Administrative Purposes: We may transfer and disclose your information, including your personal information, to third parties for the following purposes: (1) in the event that we are required to respond to subpoenas or other legal process or if in our good faith opinion such disclosure is required by law; (2) at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation; (3) to protect or defend the Website User Terms or other policies applicable to the Sites and mobile applications; or (4) to protect the personal safety, rights, property or security of any individual or entity. We may also use IP address or other information collected to identify users, and may do so in cooperation with copyright owners, internet service providers, wireless service providers or law enforcement agencies in our discretion. Such disclosures may be carried out without notice to you.
- We reserve the right to transfer Consumer Information in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets. We may share your Consumer Information with our own corporate affiliates for internal purposes.
- We may disclose Consumer Information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with legal requirements or with legal process served on us, to protect and defend our rights or property, or in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of any individual. We may provide links to third-party websites for your convenience and information. These websites may have their own privacy policies, which we suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. To the extent such websites are not owned or controlled by DragonFly Security, we are not responsible for the websites’ content, any use of the websites, or the privacy practices of the websites.
RSI uses industry standard web analytics to track web visits and Google Analytics. The information generated by the cookie about your use of our websites (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of our websites, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
You may opt out of web analytics by installing these tools on your computer:
Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” signals to the websites with which the user communicates. Because of differences in how web browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether they even are aware of them. There currently is disagreement, including among participants in the leading Internet standards-setting organization, concerning what, if anything, websites should do when they receive such signals. RSI currently does not take action in response to these signals. If and when a final standard is established and accepted, RSI will reassess how to respond to these signals.
If the System is distributed by a dealer, contractor, utility company, retailer, or other third party and you share your Consumer Information with such party, we cannot control the collection, storage, and use of such information by such party. Their obligations with respect to such Consumer Information are governed by their agreement with you.
RSI does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone younger than 13. If RSI is made aware that it has received personally identifiable information from someone younger than 13, it will use reasonable efforts to remove that information from its records as soon as possible. RSI is committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. For example, we store the personal information you provide on computer systems with limited access that are located in facilities to which access is limited. For sites to which you login, it is your responsibility to ensure the security of your password and not to reveal this information to others. When you move around a site to which you have logged in, or from one site to another that uses the same login mechanism, we verify your identity by means of an encrypted cookie placed on your machine. The Company employs reasonable efforts to protect the personal information that you share when you contact the Sites or mobile applications. However, note that it is not possible to secure all transmissions made over the internet or through other content/information sharing devices. WE DO NOT WARRANT OR REPRESENT THAT WE CAN GUARANTY THE SECURITY OF ANY INFORMATION THAT YOU TRANSMIT TO US WHEN YOU USE COMPANY WEBSITES AND MOBILE APPS. YOU PROVIDE SUCH PERSONAL INFORMATION AT YOUR OWN RISK. In the event of a data or security breach that may compromise your personal information, the Company will make commercially reasonable efforts to notify you and/or the requisite governmental or other regulatory agency promptly and as required by law.
This Privacy Statement will be governed by and construed according to the internal laws of the State of New York, without regard to conflict of law principles. Any action against any party to this Privacy Statement will be commenced only in the federal or state courts within the State of New York, which courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over such actions and proceedings and the parties hereby irrevocably consent to personal jurisdiction over them by such courts.
The provisions of this Privacy Statement will apply to the fullest extent permitted by law and be interpreted and applied to a lesser extent (but, in such case, to the maximum extent possible), where necessary to be valid. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of this Privacy Statement will not affect any other provision and all such other provisions will remain in full force and effect without change or modification thereof. You consent to the exclusive use of the English language in this Privacy Statement, as well as all communications from RSI.
Changes to Your Personal Information and Preferences: You are solely responsible for the accuracy and content of any personal information that is submitted to The Sites and mobile apps. You have the right to review the personal information that we have collected from you. After you review such information, if you decide to change the personal information that we have on file for you, send your request to the Company by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or U.S. mail to the address listed below.
To change the types of communication that you receive from the Company or how you receive such communications, simply cancel or modify your communication preferences by following the instructions in the e-mail or communication that you received or by logging into your account with any of the Sites or mobile applications and changing your communication preferences.
If you have any questions about our privacy practices, please contact us at:
ORRSI Video Technologies, Inc. – Data Privacy Inquiries
1375 Willow Lake Blvd, Suite 103
Vadnais Heights, MN 55110